Health and Wellness
We know you take your health seriously and staying active is easy at Koelsch.
Personal Fitnesses Trainer
The Park will provide personal training recommendations. Training can be done outside, in the pool or in the on-campus fitness center.
Our fitness centers have specialized training equipment to engage our ladies and gentlemen for the right workout, every time.
Monthly Health & Wellness Clinic
Arranging a time with a nurse to get even your most straightforward questions answered sometimes seems to take forever. The Park’s health & wellness clinic provides guidance for healthy-living. A licensed nurse will be available to answer questions and help you work towards a healthier lifestyle.
The clinic will also offer educational information to help you navigate health changes.
Many times, a good conversation with a professional nurse can help alleviate anxiety over health challenges, help us understand specific symptoms, and provide the independence we need to make decisions and remain healthy.
- Medication lists and how to manage them
- How to self-monitor your blood pressure
- Immunizations and keeping up to date with vaccines
- POLST forms. Why have one? Who should have it? How does it coordinate with my advanced directives?
- Recognizing cardiac symptoms
- How to identify and treat diabetes? What are the typical symptoms?
- Caring for your aging skin
- Learn how to use medical equipment (blood sugar kits, oxygen concentrators, nebulizers, etc.)
- Q&A on aging options such as assisted living, memory care, or skilled nursing
- Fall prevention
- Medical terminology explained
- Essential oils and herbal supplements
- Alternative health care practices
- Top 25 Documents everyone should have
Nothing satiates quite like learning something interesting. At the Park, we foster the environment for life-long learning by inviting guest speakers from within and outside the community.
Authors, entrepreneurs, instructors and others with interesting tidbits to share are always welcome at the Park.
Your Living Well® director will help plan excursions to get the most out of life as a part of the Travel Club. Whether a day trip to the local Casino or a weekend getaway on a Cruise off the Californian coast, your adventure awaits.